Industry’s largest trade show returns with strong attendance
GIE+EXPO Attendee Registration Up Over 2019 and 2018 After Show Returns In-Person in 2021; Show Will Rebrand and Relaunch in 2022 as Equip Exposition
LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Boasting significant attendance numbers, GIE+EXPO returned in-person to Louisville, Kentucky, with an increase in attendees from all segments of the outdoor power equipment and lawn & garden industry.
The tradeshow drew 23,922 total attendees in 2021, an increase from the shows in 2019 and 2018, and introduced a new name and brand for the annual event. Equip Exposition was debuted as the name for the 2022 show, which will take place in Louisville, Oct. 19-21, 2022.
“This year’s strong showing is huge for us and the industry as we look toward next year and the transition to Equip Exposition,” said Kris Kiser, President of the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute and managing partner of the show. “The trade show remains the best place to connect with your peers, network, and gain a competitive business edge. We’re excited to evolve the show, and can’t wait to see everyone in Louisville October 19-21 next year.”
This year’s show was sponsored by OPEI, the Professional Grounds Management Society (PGMS) and National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP).
Additional highlights of the 2021 tradeshow included:
- Education sessions saw a dramatic increase in registrants, with a 47% increase over 2019 and a 92% increase over 2018.
- An indoor, hands-on Drone Zone where attendees could fly drones with expert trainers
- An outdoor UTV Driving Experience where attendees could drive and compare the latest vehicles while putting them through their paces on curves, hills and rocks
- In-Tree Arborist Demos in a 60-foot tree inside the expo center, and Classroom Courses, presented by the Women’s Tree Climbing Workshop, sponsored by Davey Tree and ECHO
- The 3rd annual Lucky’s Mutt Madness, a national dog adoption event sponsored by the TurfMutt Foundation and in partnership with the Kentucky Humane Society
Prize winners were also announced at the show. These included:
- UTV $15,000 winner, Chris Gregorius, C&R Lawn Service, Daphne, AL
- Stihl $5,000 winner, Cathy Holdeman, Run Right Power Equipment, Harmony, WI
- Landzie Swardman Reel Mower winner, Howard Evans, Garden of Evans, Toano, VA
- Bobcat ZT6000 commercial zero-turn mower, David Williamson, Aberdeen, MD
Equip Exposition 2022 is set for October 19-21 and registration is now open at www.equipexposition.com. Along with expanded educational opportunities and an enhanced attendee and exhibitor experience, highlights of the 2022 show include:
- Trace Adkins will headline the concert series
- David Feherty will give the opening keynote
- Landscape Management magazine, Bob Clements International, and the Professional Grounds Management Society will host a series of educational workshops
- The TurfMutt Foundation will launch the first-ever Mulligan’s 5K and Fun Run in downtown Louisville
Ami Neiberger-Miller, Four Leaf PR on behalf of Equip Exposition, 703-887-4877, firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbi Mayster, Four Leaf PR on behalf of Equip Exposition, 240-988-6243, email@example.com
Subscribe to equip Magazine
To receive a digital version of equip magazine, please provide your email address.